Just the FAQs, y’all
Because I love creating stuff.
Because of the smell of a warm tube amp or a hot soldering iron. Because of chimey speakers and stacked drives. Because of opening boxes full of little parts that come in the mail. Because of a more buttery sound if I swap out that part. Because of seeing the powder coat flow when it reaches temp. Because circuits and pedals and tone. If none of that made you smile, then you best just stick with “because I love it”.
Oh, and also did I mention I need money to feed my gear habit?
Do you do mods, custom work, repairs, etc.?
Yes, most likely we can hook you up. If you like the look of what we’re doing and want something rehoused or custom designed just for you, check out the Custom Shop page for more info. Repairs have a minimum bench fee of $25 for pedals and $40 for amps; please contact us before sending anything to make sure we are able to service your device and so that we can provide you with an estimate.
What is your returns policy?
If a product you receive is damaged or substantially does not match the item’s description, we will either replace or refund upon return of the item. Please contact us before returning the item. Because we handmake most of our products, small variations in product appearance are entirely normal. Sales on used items are final. All international sales are final.
Do your products come with a warranty?
Yes, all products sold as “new” come with a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.
What Is Covered
This warranty covers failure of any internal parts because of defects in materials or workmanship, including the circuit board, electronic components, switches, jacks, and wiring.
What Is Not Covered
This warranty does not cover external cosmetic damage or loss, including damage to paint or powder coat, printing/labeling/graphics, enclosure or screws, or knobs. Warranties are not transferable.
What MasonorousFX Will Do
We will repair any product that proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. In the event repair is not possible, we may choose to replace the product at our discretion with one of similar functionality and price.
How To Get Service
1) Contact us with a description of the problem so we can help you troubleshoot. Sometimes the problem is related to other equipment and/or can be solved without warranty service. 2) Wait to receive a return authorization number. 3) You pay for the cost of initial shipping to MasonorousFX via a shipping method that provides tracking. 4) We will repair or replace the item in accordance with the conditions of this warranty and pay for return shipping.
How do you ship, and what does it cost?
We will ship within 2 business days after receiving cleared payment. We offer free USPS Priority Mail shipping within the continental US for purchases over $50. Other shipping methods are available upon request.
Why do you make pedals in small runs of 3 or 6?
Choose your favorite answer, any of which might or might not be true:
- My basement is small
- I get bored doing the same thing over and over again
- It takes a lot of money to invest in large runs, and I don’t have any
- I was abducted for 3 days by aliens as a child and since then can only do things in threes threes threes
- It’s a heady, significant allusion to the number of the Trinity
- The OSH Park PCB quantities
- Because I like hand-making artistic things, and it’s hard to do that in large quantities
- Did I mention I get bored?
- I have the attention span of a
When will you build more of that _____ pedal?
When Jupiter aligns with Mars during the vernal equinox. Or when it sounds like fun and there’s enough interest in a given pedal being re-run. Or you could just order it through our Custom Shop.